Dancing DJ was designed for Ballroom and Nite Club Disk Jockeys. It offers, at a low cost, both better quality and better music control than tape, mini disk or CD alternatives.
Dancing DJ will play and announce music, as you specify, uninterrupted and continuously. An attendant DJ is not necessary, but when available, he or she can quickly assume manual control. For instance, the DJ might wish to handle a special request or even switch out the entire Playlist to alter a mood or theme.
Dancing DJ uses a legal and convenient copy of the music from your own library. The quality of the music will be as good as your master and possibly better as the computer copy can be easily and accurately adjusted to tempo, trimmed etc.
At the heart of Dancing DJ, is a Music database that stores, for each music title, both information and control data. Information includes such items as Title, Artist, and Notes; while control parameters includes items such as Volume or Bass and Treble settings.
Simple lists are used to schedule the player. A specified dance order might look like Waltz, Rumba, Hustle, . . . From this dance order list the computer picks a random music title that matches the dance order (i.e. Plasir d'Amour for the first Waltz) and generates a new play list. There is no limit on the number of lists stored and DJs can easily alter or construct their own personal lists or operate from a blank list.
Message Panel(s) are optional, but when available, will display current and upcoming dance information.
Though very powerful, Dancing DJ can be operated by a computer novice. After starting, select a desired Playlist and press the Play button. That's it. By default Dancing DJ will announce the dance, play the title and, if available, display the Dance, Title and Artist on the display panel. Dancing DJ will even display the upcoming dances
Queuing, inserts or replacements can be done while the music is playing.
Special DJ Actions such as a scheduled Stop, a DJ Prompt or a panel Message can be inserted in any Playlist.
Properties and Options
- Easily manages 1000s of music titles from a desktop or notebook computer
- Plays music while performing simultaneous lookups, queuing or editing
- Manual, Automatic and Mixed operations
- Links to DJ-Dance database for opinions on Quality ratings, Notes, etc.
- Integrated Smart Mixer
- Volume, Bass, Treble settings retained for each title
- Peak limiting of volume
- Automatic volume control
- Locate and play any title in less than 2 seconds
- Tempo and Relative Tempo (Tempo relative to the Dance)
- "Fade and Cut" for a graceful quick exit
- Looping - Loop any portion of any Title at Beg and End settings (1/10 sec resolution)
- Msg. panel for display of current and upcoming dances or special announcements
- Extensive DJ Tools
- Open architecture. Customize your own Music Categories, Dance Names, Tempi limits, etc.
- Playlist testing, reordering and profiling
- Automatic generation of Playlists matching your specified criteria
- Master your 'perfect' CD after developing your 'perfect' Playlist
- Removal of inactive or low quality titles
- Quality assignments from single or multiple (Ave) judges
- Quick preview of Music - Previews 3 hours of music (~60 titles) in about 15 minutes
- Transfer control to CD Audio (DJC Player) and return
- Open architecture (MS Access database) allows custom development or reporting
- MPEG3 Audio Layer 3 compatible (Over 10 hours of music per CD disk)
- Optional display and announcement of all dances
Windows 95 or later, NT 4.0 or later
Pentium 150 or better., 32M RAM
Sound capability - Creative Labs SB16 compatible
30 Day Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee
Dedicated DJ Home Page